Monday, March 30, 2009

JB's Panda-monium BD

Birthdays are a VERY big deal around our house. Although gifts are optional, the singing and eating are not. Here's what happened in our kitchen yesterday --

I found this book while doing some grocery shopping last week at Sam's Club. I couldn't get over the photography, and even in frugal times, decided it was worth buying. Babydoll and I stood for probably 10 minutes marveling over each creation.

Everyone helped (except JB) with the making of some Panda cupcakes. I think the making of the cupcakes may have been exceptionally more fun than the eating of them! Malene, our Danish student, proved herself quite the expert at icing. Babydoll swiped her cheeks with icing warpaint, and GB tried to help without being too much of a perfectionist. My philosophy? Hey, it's food -- it's going to be eaten, so just do the best you can.

I highly recommend this book simply because of the fun we had doing it. And check out the Hello Cupcake blog, too -- it's worth it!


Lighting the pandas, who hold black and white candles



The guest of honor as she gets ready to blow them out


Our beloved Malene, Asbjorn, and Sun, Danish exchange-students who did a lot of the work


"This is the best birthday cake yet, Mom."



A reluctantly photographed Marco Polo





GB, who put aside his OCD to help add the ears and arms of the pandas




"Look, Ma, a panda"


Barbie: "OMG, I just ate a panda's head. Does this make me pandaniverous?"




GB has no qualms about definitely being pandaniverous, and babydoll shows off her icing war-paint.


A fabulous time was had by all. I think the best of life happens in the kitchen.
xoxox

0 comments: